Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Working at Giant Eagle is Rewarding!
At Giant Eagle, we take pride in our Team Members and work to engage, support and develop their well-being and success. Their achievements help Giant Eagle be the best place to work for nearly 34,000 Team Members in our retail stores, warehouses and corporate offices. Team Members receive exclusive rewards and recognition unique to their banner, along with a competitive starting pay rate.
Our Team Members enjoy safe and friendly workplaces that offer several benefit plans specific to Giant Eagle stores, warehouses and corporate offices. Depending on your role and location(*), you might qualify for all or some of the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match – Non-Union Team Members (**)
- Company-Paid Pension Plan
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Team Member Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Adoption Benefits
- Paternity Leave
Health and Wellness
Giant Eagle is often recognized for of our commitment to Team Member Health and Wellness. Our innovative “Live Well” program supports your goals for becoming the best you can be – for yourself, your family, your fellow Team Members and your community. Voluntary initiatives include:
- Biometric Health Screenings – The biometric screening measures blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose, triglycerides, weight/waist circumference and BMI.
- Free Preventative Care – Free preventative care applies to participants in a Giant Eagle healthcare plan. Most preventative care is available for free when using in-network providers. Team Members in unions should check with their fund office, as many union-sponsored plans also provide preventative care at 100%.
- Free Flu Shots and Pneumonia Vaccinations – Free vaccines are offered to Team Members and covered spouses and children over the age of 18 through Giant Eagle pharmacies.
- Gym Perks – Convenient and affordable access to fitness facilities across our operating areas.
- Nutrition Counseling and Wellness Coaching – Giant Eagle has a growing team of Registered Dietitians available to help Team Members and their families address weight management, heart conditions and other health issues.
- Life Resources – Life Resources gives you access to independent and confidential resources and support for personal, financial and legal issues.
- Retirement Planning and Investment Education – The Principal is Giant Eagle’s 401(k) service provider. They provide free comprehensive financial planning support and investment education services online and by phone for Corporate and Non-Union Giant Eagle 401(k) plan participants. Union Team Members should check with their union to determine if a 401(k) is available.
- Physical Activity and Weight-Loss Challenges – A series of engaging physical active and weight-loss challenges, powered by robust tracking devices with the ability to sync wearable devices and opportunities to win prizes.
Team Member Incentives
Our Team Members enjoy a variety of “perks” in addition to the benefits Giant Eagle provides. These perks focus on reducing the costs of everyday items like food in our supermarkets, but they’re also for savings through our credit union. Read more about our Team Member perks below:
- Omega Federal Credit Union – $5 membership with services like Christmas Club, Vacation Club, loans, lines of credit, etc.
- Own Brands Discount – Team Members receive a 10% discount on Own Brands products.
- Team Member Perks – Giant Eagle offers more than 30 different discounts from various companies.
(*) The benefit offerings for Team Members in our retail stores and warehouses vary by location. Details are available at your local store or distribution center. Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied.
(**)Union Team Members should check with their union to determine if a 401(k) is available.