Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Curbside Team Leader - Washington, PAReq # 207260 Department RetailLocation 0039 - Washington - Supermarket Address 331 Washington Road Washington, PA 15301 Date posted 03/26/2020
Job SummaryAs a Curbside Express and Home Delivery Team Leader, you’ll manage an amazing team and help us bring great service to every customer that visits our store. You’ll ensure our Curbside Express and Home Delivery orders are fulfilled and delivered quickly, accurately and with a smile. And you’ll collaborate with our curbside team members and drivers to fulfill each order perfectly and on time.Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the department at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback — identify opportunities for development and coach for success.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business.
- Review and analyze financial, LOB reports, and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls, and reduction. Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be scheduled according to needs of business including but not limited to necessary required amount of nights, weekends and holidays.
- Assist the team in shopping/fulfilling orders, delivering orders ready for pickup, and contacting customers regarding any potential order or out of stock issues.