Site Development Senior ManagerReq # 260123 Employment Status Full time Department Real Estate & ConstructionLocation 35th Street ComplexAddress 31 35th Street Pittsburgh, PA 15201 Date posted 09/10/2021
This position will primarily work to coordinate and obtain all necessary permits and approvals for the construction of new stores, car washes, remodels, and other miscellaneous development projects. This position will also work directly with third party real estate developers as part of build-to-suit and pad-ready agreements. Specific responsibilities will include, but not limited to coordinating feasibility studies and analyses, perform ordinance reviews, zoning approvals, permits, A&E coordination, legal coordination, and coordinating with the Design and Construction Project Managers. The ideal candidate is expected to self-direct work while effectively prioritizing multiple project schedules to meet corporate timing objects.
- Experience Required: 15 years. Minimum of 15 years with project management experience for real estate development projects. Knowledge and understanding of zoning, planning, construction documents, and environmental standards and policies.
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Project Management or related field required
- Manage the site engineering/approval process for new stores and car washes in addition to other development-related projects.
- Ensure all necessary permits are approved and completed within the prescribed time frames of the respective Lease or Agreement of Sale.
- Value engineer the site design to guarantee maximum development cost savings.
- Represent GetGo and/or WetGo at public municipal and governmental agency meetings, to include, but not limited to, Planning Commission and Zoning Hearing Boards. Testimony may be required on behalf of the GetGo and/or WetGo.
- Engage third party consultants, including Civil, Geotechnical and Traffic Engineering consultants to assist in the entitlement process of all projects.
- Review and independently access due diligence materials to identify and quantify physical and/or regulatory constraints and impediments that would preclude development, use, or adversely impact financial viability of the project.
- Identify and communicate unforeseen site conditions impacting development costs not contemplated in initial project proforma and quantify associated excess costs for inclusion to update site development costs in the proforma to ensure project viability is maintained.
- Monitor and track site development costs and monitor agency approval dates and schedules.
- Report project status and cost information to Director of Real Estate and Director of Construction on an as-needed basis.
- Assist Real Estate Managers with negotiating site specific development and construction related lease provisions, exhibits and agreements with developers and landlords including site specific standards to ensure standards are met and costs are controlled.
- Manage and coordinate with outside real estate developers and landlords throughout the entitlement process to ensure project timing and requirements are met.
- Enforce compliance with specific building pad acceptance criteria with third party developers. Review and accept pad delivery based on the developer’s compliance.
- Assist the Construction Project Managers throughout the bidding and construction phases when required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Experienced Baker + 1,000 New Hire Bonus Mentor, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Floater Pharmacist - Pittsburgh North / West Region Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 10/18/2021
- Floral Lead Columbus, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Fuel Station Clerk Westerville, Ohio 10/18/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.