Senior Information Systems Applications ManagerReq # 252030 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 07/06/2021
As a Senior Application Manager, you will serve as the subject matter and technical expert for assigned applications. You will work with the business, support help desk, and other Team Members to ensure their systems are stable, reliable and flexible enough to meet our dynamic business needs.
- Experience Required: Over 10 years with 5+ years in managing or leading support of applications.
- Experience Desired: Experience with the full project lifecycle from initial requirements gathering through UAT support to post-implementation support.
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%; Regional - Overnight, Less than 10%; National, Less than 10%
- Act as the technical focal point for issue resolution, the subject matter expert for administrative and strategic issues and coordinate activities and communications between IS and business areas to ensure business needs are met for assigned application area.
- Act as a leader in the help chain for your application area, ensuring technical problems are addressed and resolved in a timely manner and ensuring a balance between user requirements and technical trade-offs.
- Work with Enterprise Architects to develop long-term strategy and lifecycle plans for each application in your application area.
- Work with development managers to plan application enhancements, ensuring you are reviewing and examining possible trade-offs with existing systems and researching options to ensure efficient and cost-effective use of advancing technologies.
- Serve as a coach for your team and ensure that Goal and Development Action Plans, 360's and Performance Appraisals are executed within your team.
- Work with the Service Desk Manager to provide direction for application support for assigned area, ensuring consistency, stabilization and 24/7/365 availability of applications to support our business.
- Translate specifications for enhancements for assigned applications.
- Develop process improvements of new ideas and concepts in technical design and management and determine where trade-offs are possible with existing systems, applications and processes to provide greater efficiencies in meeting customer requirements.
- Participate in design and ensure code reviews, documentation and testing are delivered on applicable enhancements and projects within your assigned area.
- Work to prioritize root cause analysis and to ensure that fixes and modifications are appropriately prioritized to ensure application availability and stability within your assigned areas.
- Provide recommendations to IS Management Team and implement to reduce the annual operating costs of applications within your area.
- Work with IS Team Members to identify strategic opportunities to ensure stabilization of applications within your area.
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and technological advances to ensure efficient and cost-effective use of technology.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.