Real Estate Manager - GetGo Café+Market - Western PAReq # 250403 Employment Status Full time Department Real Estate & ConstructionLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 07/06/2021
This position will identify, secure, and acquire new real estate for GetGo’s Café+Market’s fuel and convenience formats. This position will help to meet corporate growth objectives for new store development through new land acquisitions involving the negotiation of land purchase agreements and leases. The position will oversee internal and external consultants, including brokers, third party developers, and real estate attorneys. This position will work in coordination with other members of the real estate and construction team throughout the duration of the development process. It is expected that this position will manage and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- 5 to 10 years
- Transactional real estate site selection experience
- Single tenant/single site identification preferred.
- Ability to read/understand surveys, traffic, and geotechnical reports.
- Strategically identify, track, negotiate, and secure stand-alone real estate opportunities in designated market.
- Participate in the strategic development of the site selection criteria and market research for GetGo’s Café+Market formats and other formats on an as-needed basis.
- Identify, evaluate, present, and arrange site tours for Real Estate Leadership Team and format Leadership.
- Coordinate with a multidisciplinary team of internal and external resources responsible for project specific action plans on new site development, including but not limited to, due diligence, zoning, and approvals.
- Prepare, negotiate, and finalize letters of intent, agreements of sale, and leases for execution by GetGo executive leadership.
- Manage and assist internal legal department and external legal consultants to complete required legal documents to secure property for new store development (including, but not limited to land purchase agreements, leases, site delivery exhibits, cross access easements).
- Oversee new site acquisition due diligence processes and work with members of the GetGo construction and design team to provide estimates of expected project costs based on preliminary due diligence for proforma development and analysis.
- Identify potential project impediments and provide direction on appropriate course of action.
- Create and run proformas for initial financial analysis to determine feasibility of sites. Includes obtaining cost estimates from GetGo’s construction department, and other data from appropriate departments to run complete and accurate proformas.
- Manage and coordinate with external brokers to handle site identification in designated markets.
- Meet with local and state agency staff and official, as necessary to discuss project specific issues requiring resolution for entitlement approvals.
- Attend and provide presentations at public hearings and governmental agencies on behalf of GetGo as needed throughout the entitlement and development process.
- Work with developers and landlords through construction issue related lease negotiations, due diligence, site design, project entitlement, construction, and final project completion.
- Create and maintain location and competition maps with assistance of Market Research Analyst.
- Track competition in designate market in coordination with Market Research Analyst.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.