Real Estate Development Senior ManagerReq # 260836 Employment Status Full time Department Real Estate & ConstructionLocation 35th Street ComplexAddress 31 35th Street Pittsburgh, PA 15201 Date posted 09/14/2021
As a Senior Development Real Estate Manager, you will manage real estate activities and strategies for GetGo convenience store format, including meeting corporate objectives for new store development, relocations, lease negotiation and acquisitions. You will manage internal and external consultants involved in the acquisition of real estate sites while expediting numerous projects simultaneously through the approval and development stages. You will also provide real estate support for other Giant Eagle, Inc. formats as needed.
- Experience Required: Over 10 years
- Experience Desired: Experience in management and oversight of commercial real estate development due diligence, entitlements, design engineering, permitting, and right to build approval processes for retail and industrial businesses
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Work in concert with the Real Estate Manager, Sr. Director, Real Estate Development, Construction Managers and the Vice President of Construction on new and expansion projects to ensure timely and successful completion.
- Manage & direct due diligence, planning, zoning, entitlements, right to build and permitting processes for projects developed by Giant Eagle, pre-qualify consultants and oversee solicitation of proposals from Environmental, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical, Traffic Engineering, and other consultants necessary for project development, and select and administer contractual relationships with qualified firms. Negotiate development improvement agreements and financial surety requirements with local municipal entities as required for project entitlement approvals.
- Oversee, manage and coordinate a multidisciplinary team responsible for new site development consisting of real estate developers, landlords, external consultants, and internal Giant Eagle support departments in developing project specific action plans to insure project requirements are satisfied and to ensure corporate real estate timing and budget are maintained for capital projects.
- Negotiate and establish site specific construction related Lease Provisions, Exhibits, Development Agreements, and Easement Agreements to provide consistency and in accordance with Giant Eagle standards and requirements. Work with developers and landlords through construction issue related lease negotiations, due diligence, site design, project entitlement, construction and final project completion
- Manage the real estate site development processes for projects, including coordination with Giant Eagle Store Planning, Real Estate, Asset Management, Legal and AETOS Construction. Identify potential project impediments such as site constraints, regulatory constraints, excessive development improvements, and moratoriums affecting project viability, and provide direction on appropriate course of action to address issues negatively impacting project cost and/or schedule.
- Meet with local and state agency staff and elected officials, as necessary to discuss project specific issues requiring resolution for entitlement approvals. Provide direction to Direct, Real Estate Development and Construction and external consultants on course of action to address project specific issues to ensure successful project entitlement and permitting. Attend and provide presentation at public hearings and municipal meetings as owner’s representative throughout development entitlement and permitting approval process
- Direct new and site acquisition due diligence processes and establish project timing and conversion scope of works, as well as provide estimates of expected project costs based on preliminary due diligence for proforma development and analysis. Provide support in the fiscal capital planning approval process.
- Oversee design consultant work schedules to insure development approval and project deliverable schedules are satisfied. Oversee the tracking of project specific status of real estate development, due diligence, entitlements, approvals and permitting and communicate to the appropriate Development Team members.
- Enforce compliance with specific building pad acceptance criteria with real estate developers. Review and accept premises delivery based on the developer’s compliance with Site Design Criteria and project specific construction and delivery requirements.
- Coordinate and disseminate project specific store design, architectural and engineering requirements with Developer, AETOS Construction’s Planning, Engineering Departments and Project Manager. Incorporate utility and site work requirements into site design documents. Organize site development project meetings to ensure communication flow, quality of work and adherence to schedule. Provide information to all key personnel in the Development Team (Real Estate, Legal, Store Planning and Engineering and Construction) to ensure successful project completion. Continually update and forecast milestone dates for entitlements and pad delivery and construction project start.
- Provide direction and participate during the store design progress meetings to convey municipal approval requirements and conditions, site specific design constraints and utility coordination information and constraints, providing critical information to the Engineers and Architects designing the facilities. Coordinate and disseminate project specific store design, architectural and engineering requirements with Developer, AETOS Construction’s Planning, Engineering Departments and Project Manager.
- Organize site development project meetings to ensure communication flow, quality of work and adherence to schedule and budget. Provide information to all key personnel in the Development Team (Real Estate, Legal, Store Planning and Engineering and Construction) to ensure successful project completion. Continually update and forecast milestone dates for due diligence, entitlements and pad delivery and target construction project start.
- Direct internal and external due diligence acquisition teams in performance of physical property assessments, due diligence, feasibility studies, preparation of recommended conversion scope of work, and review order of magnitude budgets and provide an assessment and recommendations to Executive Management.
- Engage, direct, & strategize with Land Use legal counsel when necessary for approvals, actively participate in development of legal appeal strategy and settlement negotiations
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.