Planner, MerchandisingReq # 225333 Employment Status Full time Department MerchandisingLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 09/15/2020
As a Merchandising Planner, you will support the Category Manager in achieving category goals through the management of assortment, promotions and pricing.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%; National, Less than 10%
- Support the management of assigned low to medium volume categories to achieve annual financial goals including sales objectives, retail and wholesale gross margin, wholesale income, shrink, known loss, inventory turns and service level, making strategic and tactical adjustments as necessary.
- Oversee deal and ad management including deal central, promotion manager, drag and drop, and ad proofing.
- Manage seasonal promotional planning, developing/supporting information (PDP/seasonal planning).
- Coordinate the management endcap weekly allocation process and communication with retail operations.
- Support category, marketing and vendor teams (and manage low volume) on planning and execution of category strategy, product assortment, ad plans, displays, pricing and promotion strategy to meet the Company's margin and revenue goals.
- Create and maintain plans and reporting tools needed to manage assigned category, including monitoring, tracking, development and distribution of results.
- Monitor trends in new products, consumer behavior, share, competition, fixturing and store layouts to make informed decisions and initiate innovation.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with vendors, stores, logistics, distribution, marketing, wholesale and retail accounting and space management to drive profitability from all angles.
- Partner with Own Brands team to profitably increase sales and penetration of Own Brand products and the development of new own brand items.
- Spearhead Vendor Contract billing to ensure all contractual agreements, including rebates, accruals, and exclusivity fees are reviewed in a timely manner and billed accordingly.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.