Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Pharmacy TechniciansReq # 116681BR Employment Status Full time Department PharmacyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate Office Address 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 10/07/2019
Job SummaryAs a Pharmacy Technician Floater, you’ll be a key part of our collaborative team. You’ll bring your skills and expertise to building a service conscious Pharmacy team that consistently looks to develop great relationships with patients. You’ll help us exceed expectations, meet needs and provide safe, accurate and efficient care in order to reach the best patient, Team Member and company outcomes. In addition, this position may require travel among stores within a specific region in order to provide support where needed.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Must be free from sanctions from participating in federally funded health care programs; PTcB Preferred
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, More than 50%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Travel to all locations within geographically assigned area in order to assist in efficient store operations.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs, including: processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Process all new and refill prescriptions.
- Input prescriptions while maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Follow all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations, including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Handle prescription data accurately and efficiently, including: retrieving prescription orders, counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications, mixing medications, selecting the proper prescription container and creating prescription labels.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedures.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist the team on action plans in order to improve outcomes.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team and support staff in an efficient manner.
- Possess certification, qualification and/or registration as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the state and/or Giant Eagle.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.