Night Produce Stock Team Member - up to $15/hourReq # 258910 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0052 - Camp Horne - SupermarketAddress 132 Ben Avon Heights Road Pittsburgh, PA 15237 Date posted 08/24/2021
Night Crew Stock Clerks are key to making sure customers receive the products they need promptly and accurately — leaving our store with smiles and memories of unparalleled service. The majority of their time is spent on the sales floor during our quiet hours, while the store is closed to customers. They are responsible for replenishing stock and providing efficient service from "wall to wall" in each area of our store. Flexible scheduling is available for what works for you – shifts available for 4-8 hours in length, start times can be between 8pm-2am. Overnight work includes additional pay incentives at this location – hourly rate starting up to $15/hour.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months; sales training or related experience
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in retail or related field
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Straighten and prepare products for display by following proper procedures.
- Ensure proper ordering, receiving and stocking of products.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guest safety.
- Add new items to shelves by moving existing items and displaying products appropriately and in adherence to safety standards.
- Build displays by taking merchandise by flats from back room to sales area and lifting product from flats to displays.
- Make cardboard bales by placing cardboard in bailer and using paper crusher to make bales.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- In the produce department: Unload produce items from truck and break down pallets; load flats with proper produce items to be taken to the produce floor and hand stacked; check produce on display for quality by visually inspecting and removing unsellable merchandise from rack; have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- In the health, beauty and wellness department: Educate, demonstrate and advise guests on the ingredients and qualities of products across a range of beauty lines; provide information and advice on the best beauty and related products to suit the guest's individual needs and preferences.
- In the dairy department, maintain stock level by taking products from cooler to sales floor, opening cases and stocking on shelves in the appropriate location.
- In the beer, liquor and wine departments, uncover any potential underage or intoxicated individual and deny the sale of alcohol to that person.
- In the wine and beer sections: Prepare products for display; assist customers with purchases by providing knowledgeable recommendations and suggestions; educate customers on consumption and food pairing; take an active role in building the store's wine or beer assortment throughout the year and at resets.
- Meet and exceed weekly sales goals and track sales daily to ensure goals are being met through continuous selling efforts to guests.
- Maintain audit lists, inventory reduction plans and retail strategies to ensure the most efficient operation of the department.
- Have awareness of shrink - what causes it and how to prevent it.
- Have knowledge of code dating.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
- Actively support a culture of safety that includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors and stakeholders.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.