Afternoon Inventory SupportReq # 257697 Rate of Pay $16.00 Employment Status Full time Department Warehouse & Distribution Location OK Grocery Administration - Corporate Office Address 755 Beechnut Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15205 Date posted 08/20/2021
In this fast-paced, energetic environment, our warehouse Team Members are always working behind the scenes to keep our shelves full of the great products our customers want and expect. We’re looking for Team Members who understand the importance of safety and working together as a team.
Giant Eagle’s Transportation & Warehouse Department consists of five perishable and non-perishable distribution centers in Cleveland, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA — American Seaway Foods, Butler Refrigerated Meats, Fresh Foods Manufacturing, HBC Service Co., and OK Grocery Co. — all of which help us serve more than 5 million customers annually at over 400 retail locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
What makes a successful Warehouse Team Member?
- Team player
May be eligible for Medical benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Dental benefits based on hours worked and location.
Health and Wellness Programs
Life Resources and online Wellness Programs for Team Members and their families.
Must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
Paid Time Off
May be eligible for Paid Time Off based on hours worked and location.
Team Member Incentive
Incentives based on attendance and performance. May be eligible based on position and location.
10% off own brand products.
Rate of pay varies based on position and location.
Warehouse Selector & U.S. Navy Veteran
Giant Eagle has supported me financially. I was able to buy my own house, instead of renting and that feels wonderful!
Distribution Systems Support Team Members provide support to various areas of distribution operations. This includes shipping, receiving and inventory control.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: None
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Enter verifications into the system in a timely manner.
- Follow all applicable safety and sanitation procedures.
- Enter identification numbers of processed purchase orders into scheduling database.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and availability to work the times, shifts, days and overtime as necessary.
- Deliver unparalleled customer service.
- Complete all assignments in a timely manner including cycle counts, audits and /or research discrepancies.
- Maintain tracking, reporting and filing systems.
- Audit outbound orders.
- Review batching information to verify shipping sequences.
- Monitor drops to ensure the customer receives the product ordered.
- Perform all aspects of the reset area including scanning and palletizing the product to processing damages.
- Maintain counts and monitor pallet needs for distribution center and communicate requirements jot supervision.
- Assist operations in monitoring voice selection to ensure drops/resets are completed for load departure.
- Flexibility in scheduling with the availability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Coordinate training of new personnel, as well as cross training of current staff.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and special projects.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Warehouse, Transportation & Manufacturing Opportunities
Our Warehouse, Transportation and Manufacturing Team Members serve more than 5 million customers every year, working to keep our supermarkets, GetGo’s, and pharmacies stocked with the great products our guests expect. From our Warehouse Selectors to our CDL Drivers, and our Mechanics to our Distribution Supervisors, no matter your role, you will be surrounded by a dedicated team and supported by a company that helps turn jobs into careers.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.