Apprentice Cake DecoratorReq # 257867 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 6299 - Macedonia - SupermarketAddress 290 East Aurora Road Northfield Center, OH 44067 Date posted 09/13/2021
Our Apprentice Cake Decorator is a key player in making sure our pastries look and taste amazing. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service, you'll assist in creating beautiful and delicious art for our guests and provide the sweets that will be the hit of their parties. Other main duties include providing training in all aspects of the Bakery Department including Clerk functions and Baker functions and focusing on cake decorating duties for someone with minimal or no retail decorating experience. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you — you're passionate about the business, the trends and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple "what's for dinner?" and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our Cake Decorators are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Learn product knowledge and procedures, such as product information by category, special orders, cake program, portion control, seasonal items and mixing colors.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Apply merchandising principles that will help to generate sales as well as WOW the guest.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Prepare and decorate product for the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor, etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room, coolers and freezers.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency procedures, clean-ups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to ensure department standards are met.
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Maintain department procedures, daily setups, order taking, understanding copyright policies and proper product rotation.
- Assist in other areas as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.