Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Meat CutterReq # 217532 Employment Status Part time Department RetailLocation 0070 - Donaldson's Crossroads - Supermarket Address 4007 Washington Road McMurray, PA 15317 Date posted 06/30/2020
Job SummaryOur Meat Cutters ensure that our guests are receiving the best and most delicious products, presented according to their requirements. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service and supporting the Meat Lead, you'll make sure that our offerings and services promote guest loyalty, and growth and success for the store. As a member of our Meat Team, your primary responsibility will be to cut meat and other products for sale and ensure our customers are provided with the freshest product possible. You’ll create and sustain an exemplary customer service atmosphere to build lifelong relationship by focusing on understanding and exceeding customer needs.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Experience Desired: Prior meat cutting experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Meat cutting certification
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product out of the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be packaged for sale.
- Service guests by answering questions and/or filling special orders.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Wrap and maintain meat case.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the Company's Guiding Principles, Common Purposes, and Service Credo's.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Utilize knowledge of code dating.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion for food with Team Members and guests.
- Smile and greet customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the Team Member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Make ground meat by putting course ground into the grinder then traying meat.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best product.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Unload deliveries by checking in truck.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor, etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.