Production Supervisor-1Req # 263468 Employment Status Full time Department Manufacturing & ProductionLocation Freedom Road Warehouse Administration - Corporate OfficeAddress 2500 Lovi RD Freedom, PA 15042 Date posted 10/07/2021
Our Production Supervisor assumes the responsibility of the production floor operations along with the management team. This person will provide leadership on the production floor by training, directing, and managing the work flow and team members. They will assist with the ordering of materials and supplies, product planning, inventory, implementation of all sanitation, cost and quality control programs and participate in initiatives to simulate the growth of the business.
- Experience Required: 2 – 4 years of management experience in food manufacturing, plant manufacturing, culinary, or food service management experience.
- Experience Desired: Experience with fresh food processing, airline catering, or refrigerated foods manufacturing. Experience within the retail supermarket or food service.
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Inspect food and food preparation through physical, mechanical, and visual inspection to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Assign, coordinate and evaluate work of team members through scheduling, production planning, time management and team member feedback to ensure that all products meet or exceed expectations and promote the efficiency of the operation to ensure and maximize company profits.
- Maintain accurate production records, HACCP and QA documentation to ensure that all meets the federal, state, county and company requirements.
- Control production costs through the management of food and controllable inventories, both through floor activities and participation in physical inventories, as directed.
- Control production costs through monitoring waste and loss, review and analysis of production labor projections, and improved work efficiencies.
- Coordinate equipment and plant sanitation as needed.
- Inspect, evaluate and advise on equipment requirements to ensure efficiency and safety.
- Assist in team member building, team performance goal setting, and team conflict resolution.
- Develop and facilitate training for the labor force; including safe handling of product and equipment, work methods and processes.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.