Pharmacy Warehouse SelectorReq # 250599 Rate of Pay $15.00 Employment Status Full time Department Warehouse & Distribution Location Freedom Road Pharmacy - Retail Support Center Address 2500 Lovi RD Freedom, PA 15042 Date posted 07/06/2021
In this fast-paced, energetic environment, our warehouse Team Members are always working behind the scenes to keep our shelves full of the great products our customers want and expect. We’re looking for Team Members who understand the importance of safety and working together as a team.
Giant Eagle’s Transportation & Warehouse Department consists of five perishable and non-perishable distribution centers in Cleveland, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA — American Seaway Foods, Butler Refrigerated Meats, Fresh Foods Manufacturing, HBC Service Co., and OK Grocery Co. — all of which help us serve more than 5 million customers annually at over 400 retail locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
What makes a successful Warehouse Team Member?
- Team player
May be eligible for Medical benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Dental benefits based on hours worked and location.
Health and Wellness Programs
Life Resources and online Wellness Programs for Team Members and their families.
Must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
Paid Time Off
May be eligible for Paid Time Off based on hours worked and location.
Team Member Incentive
Incentives based on attendance and performance. May be eligible based on position and location.
10% off own brand products.
Rate of pay varies based on position and location.
Warehouse Selector & U.S. Navy Veteran
Giant Eagle has supported me financially. I was able to buy my own house, instead of renting and that feels wonderful!
Working within the warehouse means performing a variety of general distribution center functions. These can include receiving, loading, and high lift operations. Most importantly you will safely and efficiently assist the facility in meeting daily production and customer service requirements.
- $1,000 New Hire Bonus
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Ensure all quality and safety processes are followed including, but not limited to: maintaining pallet integrity, ensuring trailers are properly secured to dock-lock chock, and monitoring for mis-slotted or mis-rotated merchandise.
- Move palletized product, using pallet jack to safely maneuver stock, from staging area into tractor trailer and/or put in store locations.
- Lift & carry cases of up to 100 lbs. from pick slots and place them onto pallets; cases must be lifted from floor level, shoulder level & overhead.
- Record and log applicable information on appropriate logs on the front dock.
- Clean and sweep out trailers prior to loading product.
- Have flexibility in scheduling & availability to work the times, shifts, days and overtime as necessary to meet the company’s needs.
- Meet and maintain productivity standards.
- Accurately select product by matching slot numbers and product descriptions using a voice-activated warehouse management system.
- Receive incoming freight into the distribution center.
- Compare shipping documents to the purchase order to determine if they are the same with regard to quantity and product description.
- Check all product expiration code / dates, quantity and condition of cases and pallets.
- Report variances to appropriate supervision or department to determine if product will be accepted or refused.
- Place correct receiving tag in proper location on each pallet of product.
- Total the numbers on the purchase order and note variances to the bill of lading.
- Follow all applicable safety and sanitation procedures, including food safety procedures.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including the safe operation of equipment and help to maintain a safe, clean work environment.
- Put away inbound freight accurately and safely according to preferred methods.
- Report all merchandise discrepancies and product quality issues to supervision including, but not limited to: damaged product, wrong store number, poorly stacked, incorrect store number and equipment issues.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Warehouse, Transportation & Manufacturing Opportunities
Our Warehouse, Transportation and Manufacturing Team Members serve more than 5 million customers every year, working to keep our supermarkets, GetGo’s, and pharmacies stocked with the great products our guests expect. From our Warehouse Selectors to our CDL Drivers, and our Mechanics to our Distribution Supervisors, no matter your role, you will be surrounded by a dedicated team and supported by a company that helps turn jobs into careers.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.