Store ClerkReq # 236414 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 4093 - Yorktown - SupermarketAddress 2501 West 12th Street Erie, PA 16505 Date posted 03/07/2021
As a Store Clerk, you’re the friendly face and the first point of contact for our guests. Part of an amazing Store Team, you’ll help ensure that each guest not only discovers the pleasure of tasting our incredible food, but marvels at our passion for providing it at every turn. You’ll provide efficient, accurate and exemplary “wall to wall” customer service in all departments, ensuring that customer requirements are met and customer loyalty is enhanced and advanced. We’ll rely on you make sure each guest receives the products they need promptly and accurately and leaves our store with a smile and a memory of unparalleled service. You’re a team player at heart and know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success too. You are eager to support your fellow Team Members, have the drive to grow your career and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Positive attitude
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Maintain store to the needs of the Store and Team Leaders, while giving exemplary customer service to each customer by meeting their needs while completing their order, including selling and preparing product.
- Ring up customers' orders by scanning product or punching price into register, finalize sale and collect payment by totaling order, deducting for coupons, and accepting tender from customer.
- Bag orders by putting grocery orders into the appropriate bags and then into customers carts.
- Process guest returns/exchanges, assist with lottery and Western Union purchases.
- Take customer orders for later purchase in person or over the phone by writing down the order indicating product desired and date to be picked up.
- Maintain a clean an organized and clutter free backroom/receiving area operation.
- Ensure that Direct Store Delivery vendors are delivering product to the receiving area during the established delivery times and schedules and that the number of vendors in the backroom at one time doesn't exceed proper levels.
- Maintain proper temperature checks on all "hot" foods in prepared foods department.
- Set up and maintain prepared foods case with fresh items and set up and maintain salad bar.
- Maintain a safe/secure environment in the receiving area by adhering to the company's prescribed safety methods.
- Record time worked according to Smart track policy and procedure.
- Slice bread by placing loaves in slicer, packaging product, labeling package, and place on display.
- Remove bakery packaging and labeling; check dates on bakery product and maintain stock in bakery area.
- Finish product as necessary in Fresh departments (slice/ write on cakes etc.).
- Document and record all known loss for Fresh departments.
- Ensure quality control in produce and fresh departments, including documenting and recording all know loss for the departments.
- Assist store leadership with inventory management, AR and ordering functions, and code dating.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, floor (to ensure safety), and ensure sanitation regulations are met.
- Keep parking area and fuel area clean.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Pharmacy Technician Trainee Alliance, Ohio 04/16/2021
- Visual Merchandise Team Leader Strongsville, Ohio 04/16/2021
- Pharmacy Technician Trainee Full Time $500 New Hire Bonus New Castle, Pennsylvania 04/12/2021
- Pharmacy Inventory Technician-1 Freedom, Pennsylvania 04/16/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.