Graphic Artist (Chalk Drawing)Req # 221144 Employment Status Part time Department RetailLocation 4036 - Portage Crossing - Market DistrictAddress 2687 State Road Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223 Date posted 07/31/2020
As a Graphic Artist, you can create a better future for yourself and a better, more visually appealing shopping experience for our guests. In this key creative role, you’ll assume responsibility for executing, creating and maintaining graphic consistency. You will create product tags, promotional signage, educational signage, pricing display signage, guest take-away collateral pieces and support props. Step up with a creative mind because your graphics will be free-style and computer-generated! You will also support the Visual Merchandising team to improve the overall look and feel of the store, provide display materials and provide insight and input to develop thought-provoking displays that catch our guests' eyes and keep them coming back for more!
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Experience designing for retail environments helpful; Strong graphic design and typography skills.; Visual merchandising skills; Familiar with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Excel design programs.
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Complete weekly/daily creation of signs, posters, tags, banners and other promotional message vehicles as necessary/appropriate to allow customers to shop the store well.
- Act as an on-site expert on visual communication and on how to support/enhance visual merchandising with graphics and/or visual materials.
- Work well within all stages of the design process, from rapid idea generation through management of precise execution.
- Analyze the Guest Satisfaction Survey and Team Member Point of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop processes and/or procedures to address those issues.
- Demonstrate ability to manage individual workflow working within the structure/schedule of the day-to-day (week-to-week) operations of a retail store.
- Maintain responsibility for the maintenance and inventory of Graphic/Visual Merchandising "tools" in their designated departments.
- Attend and participate in the monthly graphic/visual merchandising meetings.
- Assist Visual Merchandising Manager in developing and organizing the department's objectives and
increase its efficiency.
- Help develop graphic and visual merchandising resources for each of the stores.
- Assist in communicating with stores' Management Team in implementing events, displays and overall decor.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Assume accountability for the visual appearance and brand-consistency of all signage in the store.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to develop extremely creative, fresh, functional, appropriate, cost-effective signage, bringing to life the strategic direction led by the corporate Marketing Manager.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests and have a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best product.
- Schedule Team Members and direct and follow-up on work assignments given to Team Members.
- Establish processes and standards for managing supply costs.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.