Store LeaderReq # 201764 Employment Status Full time Department Fuel & ConvenienceLocation 7519 - Ogilville - Getgo/Rickers StandaloneAddress 3545 West 450 South Columbus, IN 47201 Date posted 02/05/2020
The Store Leader is responsible for the day to day store operation of their assigned, as well as the employees. Duties include: interviewing, selecting, and training employees; setting and adjusting employee pay and hours of work; directing the work of employees; appraising employee productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status; disciplining employees; planning the work; determining the type of materials, supplies to be used / ordered for their retail and food locations.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 21 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
12. You also (i) customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more Team Members or their equivalent, (i.e., work totaling at least 80 regular hours a week), and (ii) you make recommendations as to hiring, firing, discipline or any other change in Team Member status.
- Overall management of the day-to-day store operations at their assigned location
- Regularly direct the work of their subordinates providing guidance to ensure that all operational goals/initiatives are met.
- Oversee the Food Service Leaders in stores with Food Service to ensure that they meet all of the overall functions of being a profitable food service business
- Provide superior and quality customer service through consistent interaction. Serve as a role model to store personnel.
- Assist customers and responds to customer's complaints or inquiries
- The Store Leader is responsible for accurately completing daily reports and reviewing daily close reports.
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of inventory values in regards to shrink
- Set and adjust employee pay records, and hours worked
- Responsible for daily bank deposits, ordering and picking up change orders and ATM funds, loading safe, ATM, etc.
- Determine what is needed for merchandise, supplies, equipment, food service, and places weekly orders.
- Scan in orders/vendors and build relationships with the vendors at their assigned location
- Hire, train, coach and discipline all store personnel including the completion of documentation
- Plan, prepare, and post store personnel work schedules. Responsible for daily timecard edits and verify the accuracy of hours worked and entering vacation hours for store personnel.
- Supervision of all employees, Associate Store Leaders, Food Service Store Leaders, and shifts, by assigning and verifying completion of job duties.
- Facilitate coverage of shifts when employees call in or don't show up
- Ensure compliance of store personnel with policies and procedures, including established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices
- Responsible for merchandising the store according to company guidelines
- Timely execution of marketing promotions and price changes
- Execute company standards for mystery shop programs
- Manage their assigned store's labor budgets and adjust employees pay/time and the hours worked
- Maintain fuel pricing compliance standards to ensure competitive street pricing. Duties include changing fuel price sign and the registers.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.