Leader, Food Service-RReq # 203165 Employment Status Full time Department Fuel & ConvenienceLocation 7519 - Ogilville - Getgo/Rickers StandaloneAddress 3545 West 450 South Columbus, IN 47201 Date posted 02/13/2020
As a Food Service Leader, you will provide guidance and leadership to the Front End team in various ways in an effort to help them develop highly effective customer service skills. You will follow, exhibit and advance the company's common purpose of "Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being”, through your work, attitude and actions.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Complete and post the staff work schedules.
- Recruit, reward, coach, discipline, and terminate staff as needed.
- Assume direct responsibility for the supervision of all shifts or during assigned shifts, using shift duty sheets to verify completion of duties.
- Cover shifts when employees call in or don't show up.
- Perform Team Member duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to cashiering.
- Ensure compliance of store personnel with policies and procedures, including established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Assist customers and respond to customer's complaints or inquiries.
- Ensure proper execution of promotions and marketing.
- Manage labor according to company guidelines.
- Analyze business records to increase sales.
- Communicate changes of food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
- Support local and national marketing initiatives.
- Ensure that all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained and company safety and security policy are followed.
- Identify and contact prospective customers to promote sales.
- Plan special events and promotions.
- Complete online coursework as directed.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.