Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
cashierReq # 200923 Employment Status Part time Department Retail Location 1263 - Edgecliff - Supermarket Address 15325 Edgecliff Avenue Cleveland, OH 44111 Date posted 01/15/2020
Job SummaryAs a member of our team, you will be responsible for providing exemplary customer service while maintaining the safety of customers and Team Members. You will exceed customer needs and expectations by providing efficient, accurate and pleasant check-out service and shopping assistance.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success, and you are eager to support an amazing team.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: No High school diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 16 year old
- Replenish products on the shelf, rotating products and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest products are available for sale.
- Ring up guests orders by scanning product or punching price into register, finalize sale and collect payment.
- Set up displays on the sales floor.
- Assist with light stocking duties and inform management of any out of stock items.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Put misplaced items back in the proper locations.
- Bag grocery orders and place them into guests' carts.
- Provide exemplary customer service and greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.