Apprentice BakerReq # 242425 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 4098 - Chardon - SupermarketAddress 351 Center Street Chardon, OH 44024 Date posted 03/11/2021
Our Apprentice Baker is a key player in making sure our pastries look and taste amazing. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service, you'll assist in creating beautiful and delicious art for our guests and provide the sweets that will be the hit of their parties. Other key responsibilities include producing quality bakery products to ensure customer requirements are met and building customer loyalty by providing exemplary customer service. This is an exciting opportunity to learn all aspects of the Bakery Department including Clerk functions and Cake Decorator functions. You’ll also focus on baker duties for someone with minimal or no retail decorating experience. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you — you're passionate about the business, the trends and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple "what's for dinner?" and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our Bakers are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Bakery or related industry
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Perform bench work according to established scratch procedures when necessary.
- Prepare product and form product to specifications as required according to scratch recipes.
- Bake prepared product using appropriate time and temperature as specified by recipe.
- Properly insert products into proof box, set controls, and close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
- Prepare and fry donuts according to established procedures.
- Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer to preserve freshness.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques and provide active sampling when appropriate.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor, department work area, including the back room, coolers and freezers, to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Bake prepared and scratch product for the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency procedures, cleanups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to ensure department standards are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Understand all the ingredients and purpose of each used in manufacturing scratch baked goods.
- Assemble necessary baking ingredients to prepare for baking operation including all scratch recipes.
- Assist in maintaining bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assist in other areas as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.