Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Overnight Maintenance Team MemberReq # 203247 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 6550 - Carmel Bridges - Market District Address 11505 Illinois Street Carmel, IN 46032 Date posted 02/14/2020
Job SummaryNight Crew Stock Clerks are key to making sure customers receive the products they need promptly and accurately — leaving our store with smiles and memories of unparalleled service. The majority of their time is spent on the sales floor, where they are responsible for replenishing stock and providing efficient service from "wall to wall" in each area of our store. You are a team player at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to be part of an amazing group, and have the ability to inspire those around you. $250 New Hire Bonus!! Ask HR Representative For Details!!
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Grocery or related industry
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Stock, rotate, block and maintain product on shelves and have knowledge of code dating.
- Provide exemplary customer service and greet customers in a friendly manner.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Assist store leadership with inventory management, AR and ordering functions.
- Monitor expiration dates of products.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Set up displays on the sales floor.
- Unload and store food items in prep areas and coolers.
- Unload product from truck and break down any pallets.
- Load flats with proper product to be taken to the floor and hand stacked.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Receive and process all vendor products.
- Ensure that vendors are delivering product to the receiving area during established delivery times, and that the number of vendors in the backroom at one time doesn't exceed proper levels.
- Prepare product to be stocked by taking case of pallet, cutting it open and loading onto flat, pricing, if necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils and floor.
- Maintain a clean, organized and clutter-free backroom/receiving area operation.
- Make cardboard bales with bailer paper crusher.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand and communicate, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Become familiar with products in the store so you can answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.