Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Pharmacy Technician TraineeReq # 200790 Employment Status Part time Department Pharmacy Location 1435 - Brookfield - Pharmacy Address 7229 Sharon-Warren Road Brookfield, OH 44403 Date posted 01/15/2020
Job SummaryAs a Pharmacy Technician Trainee, you’ll be a key part of our collaborative team. You’ll bring your skills and expertise to building a service conscious Pharmacy team that consistently looks to develop great relationships with patients. You’ll help us exceed expectations, meet needs and provide safe, accurate and efficient care in order to reach the best patient, Team Member and company outcomes.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Preferred: Pharmacy Certification
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Welcome patients and immediately acknowledge them with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs, including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment in order to ensure that company and government requirements are met.
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently.
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary in order to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to: searching for patients and profiles, determining dates of fill and pick-up, determining prescriptions sent to Central Fill, quoting cash prices of prescriptions, checking on-hand counts of medications and entering invoices.
- Assist team on actions plans in order to improve outcomes using knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Complete required training program and accompanying exams.
- Follow all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations, including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures, including the point of sale policies.
- Transcribe data from prescriptions accurately in order to generate a custom label for the customer.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedure.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner, ensure accurate information is exchanged and the customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team and support staff in an efficient manner.
- File written prescriptions daily.