Warehouse SelectorReq # 244671 Rate of Pay $17.00 Employment Status Full time Department Warehouse & Distribution Location American Seaway Foods Grocery - Retail Support Center Address 5300 Richmond Road Bedford Heights, OH 44146 Date posted 04/06/2021
In this fast-paced, energetic environment, our warehouse Team Members are always working behind the scenes to keep our shelves full of the great products our customers want and expect. We’re looking for Team Members who understand the importance of safety and working together as a team.
Giant Eagle’s Transportation & Warehouse Department consists of five perishable and non-perishable distribution centers in Cleveland, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA — American Seaway Foods, Butler Refrigerated Meats, Fresh Foods Manufacturing, HBC Service Co., and OK Grocery Co. — all of which help us serve more than 5 million customers annually at over 400 retail locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
What makes a successful Warehouse Team Member?
- Team player
May be eligible for Medical benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Dental benefits based on hours worked and location.
Health and Wellness Programs
Life Resources and online Wellness Programs for Team Members and their families.
Must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
Paid Time Off
May be eligible for Paid Time Off based on hours worked and location.
Team Member Incentive
Incentives based on attendance and performance. May be eligible based on position and location.
10% off own brand products.
Rate of pay varies based on position and location.
Warehouse Selector & U.S. Navy Veteran
Giant Eagle has supported me financially. I was able to buy my own house, instead of renting and that feels wonderful!
Warehouse Selectors are responsible for the safe, accurate and efficient selection of damage free product. You will help fill our stores' orders, meet delivery schedules, and promote customer satisfaction.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Electric pallet jack experience a plus
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Must have the ability to count.
- Accurately select product by matching slot numbers and product descriptions using a voice-activated warehouse management system.
- Lift and carry cases of up to 100 lbs. from pick slots and place them onto pallets; cases must be lifted from floor level, shoulder level and overhead.
- Meet and maintain established productivity standards.
- Construct sturdy, balanced pallet loads from various sizes and weights of cases for damage-free shipping.
- Shrink-wrap and stage completed pallets of selected product in proper shipping lanes for loading.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding safety, equipment, damaged goods, and any problems or issues that may arise.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and availability to work the times, shifts, days, and overtime as necessary to meet the company's production needs.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules, including safe operation of equipment and helping to maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Appropriately follow food safety procedures.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties in the warehouse as needed and assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Warehouse, Transportation & Manufacturing Opportunities
Our Warehouse, Transportation and Manufacturing Team Members serve more than 5 million customers every year, working to keep our supermarkets, GetGo’s, and pharmacies stocked with the great products our guests expect. From our Warehouse Selectors to our CDL Drivers, and our Mechanics to our Distribution Supervisors, no matter your role, you will be surrounded by a dedicated team and supported by a company that helps turn jobs into careers.
- Fuel Clerk + $500 Sign on Bonus! Mentor-on-the-Lake, Ohio 06/24/2021
- Overnight Stock Clerk + $500 New Hire Bonus Pickerington, Ohio 06/20/2021
- Overnight Fuel Station Team Member + $500 Sign on Bonus Painesville, Ohio 06/24/2021
- Overnight Fuel Station Team Member + $500 Sign On Bonus Painesville, Ohio 06/24/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.