Field Retail Service Tech II (IT)Req # 250308 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Cleveland Corporate OfficeAddress 5300 Richmond Road Bedford Heights, OH 44146 Date posted 07/06/2021
As a Retail Service Maintenance Technician II, you will be responsible for providing break/fix support on IT hardware in retail locations.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years experience working with hardware/software installation preferably in a retail environment, 3+ years experience supporting Microsoft Windows workstation software.
- Experience Desired: Experience handling small to medium projects
- Education Required: Associates Degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: A+ and/or MCDST Certification
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, More than 50%
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Respond, troubleshoot and implement permanent resolutions to customer hardware (desktop, laptop, printing, mobile computing, POS hardware and audio-visual) problems in a timely manner.
- Install and maintain hardware at all Giant Eagle, Inc., and its subsidiaries and divisions to ensure efficient Company operations.
- Provide documentation and guidance to ensure that customers have knowledge of network, personal computers, POS Hardware and audio-visual hardware operations.
- Actively participate in the Giant Eagle IS Service Desk by assisting with 24/7 support to answer customer questions or identify and assist in resolving system problems in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring customer requirements are met. Provide configuration and provisioning support when required.
- Provide feedback on software documentation, guidelines and installation procedures to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Ensure all policies and standards on IT hardware in retail locations are enforced and practiced.
- Work with appropriate departments to test, monitor and participate in the installation of all other ancillary software, updates and upgrades.
- Participate in the testing, configuration and rollout of applications, software and systems as needed to ensure customer requirements are met and that documentation is accurate and kept up to date.
- Maintain cognizance of all internal standards and procedures, industry trends and new technologies to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts.
- Ensure preventative maintenance programs are performed.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and developments related to technology hardware and software.
- Participate in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues.
- Mentor other retail service technicians and ensure standards are followed.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.