Assistant Produce Team LeaderReq # 248440 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 1605 - Alliance - SupermarketAddress 1800 West State Street Alliance, OH 44601 Date posted 05/16/2021
An Assistant Produce Team Leader's first responsibility is to assist the Produce Manager in providing leadership in the Produce Department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering raw materials and supplies, and implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits. Assistant Produce Team Leaders have a proven record of leadership and are willing and able to follow the competency model of climbing the hill, seeing the hill and leading others up the hill. Additional responsibilities include delivering profitable growth targets.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Prior management experience in grocery operations/produce or related field; Customer Service Experience; Knowledge of Market District operational procedures; Ability to read and interpret Profit and Loss statement
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure the safety of Customers and Team Members while exceeding health and OSHA requirements.
- Direct Team Members by using work lists as well as understanding and performing all duties required of a clerk. This includes overseeing and evaluating all training of new and current Team Members.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and be scheduled according to needs of business including, but not limited to, the required amount of nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge, interest and passion for products and services associated with the role.
- Be able to write department orders, monitor ordering and supervise stocking and receiving with latest tools and technology/automated ordering systems.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering products and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement. In absence of Produce Manager would schedule Team Members and delegate assignments effectively utilizing Team Members and supplies to maximize store profits.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate monthly gross profits according to company policy.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Overnight Fuel Station Team Member + $500 Sign On Bonus Painesville, Ohio 06/24/2021
- Curbside Express Lead Westlake, Ohio 03/18/2021
- Night Stock Team Member Morgantown, West Virginia 06/24/2021
- Front End Team Leader - Akron/Canton regions Stow, Ohio 06/24/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.