GIANT EAGLE'S RECRUITING PROCESS & HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS AND POSTINGS
Unfortunately during uncertain times scammers may try to take advantage of individuals looking for work through fraudulent job postings and offers. We want to keep you informed and make it clear what our recruiting process involves so you can quickly identify if something doesn't seem "right".
The Giant Eagle Recruiting Team is committed to providing an informative and respectful recruiting experience to every candidate. That’s why we have created a formal step-by-step process to ensure that we are putting the best-qualified people into positions where they can grow and thrive.
- The first step is to submit an online application at http://jobs.gianteagle.com
- After reviewing your application, an HR Representative will determine if you should participate in an initial phone screen interview. An “HR Representative” includes Recruiters, Confidential HR Coordinators (CHRCs), HR Specialist and HR Administrators.
- Depending on the role you are interviewing for, you may meet with a hiring manager and other decision makers. You may also participate in one or more interviews.
- If you are interviewing for a management position, you will also participate in a leadership assessment during the interview period.
- If you receive an offer of employment, you may need to complete additional post-offer tests/screenings based on the position and/or level. These include but are not limited to: background check, credit check, reference check, drug test, MVR check, ergonomics test, road test and Personality Characteristics Inventory test (PCI). Your HR Representative will notify you of which tests/screenings are specific to the role you applied for and will be in contact with you throughout the process keeping you informed along the way.
All applicants are required to only apply for Giant Eagle, Market District or GetGo jobs at http://jobs.gianteagle.com. While we do work with various job boards to build awareness for our jobs, we link the jobs back to our career site. Fraudulent job offers often ask for financial or personal information (such as social security numbers) early in the process. Giant Eagle does not ask for any financial commitment or contribution from a candidate at any stage of the recruitment process. Only once you have received a contingent job offer, will you be asked to provide your date of birth and social security number to complete a background check.
Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide you with employment at Giant Eagle, Market District or GetGo. If you suspect you have received a fraudulent offer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We takes this matter seriously, and will work closely with the appropriate authorities to effectively address the issue.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team - APPLY TODAY!