Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Customers choose Giant Eagle for their Bakery needs because they know we guarantee freshness in every bite. We provide the exceptional quality and service of a gourmet bakery, combined with the ultimate in shopping convenience and value. Our Bakery Team Members understand how important it is for our customers to get the items they need, right when they want them. We are experts at offering a diverse selection of breads and desserts for special occasions and everyday meals.
Click for available Bakery positions:
- Apprentice Programs – Baker & Cake Decorator (details below)
- Bakery Clerk & Bakery Sales Clerk
- Bakery Team Leader
- Cake Decorator
Experienced Bakers and Decorators are always in demand to join our team. That’s why we’ve recently launched our exciting NEW Baker & Cake Decorator Apprentice Programs to train Team Members and interested candidates.
After completing your Apprentice Program you’ll be placed in one of our stores as a full-time Baker or Cake Decorator.
Baker And Cake Decorator Apprentice Programs
Become a Baker or Cake Decorator in just weeks!
In many of our stores, the Bakery is the first department to greet our guests as they enter the store, and represents our commitment to quality, nutrition, and mouth-watering freshness. After completing our Apprentice Training Programs, our certified professionals deliver on that promise. As a Trainee, you’ll learn all about how to bake and decorate our fresh-from-the-oven breads, pastries, cookies, cakes and pies. You’ll be trained and certified by a Giant Eagle Certified Master Trainer and Bakery Team Leader. And, in less than a year you’ll be on track to a full-time job!
- Full-time position during Program
- Potential for pay increases upon successful progression through the Program
- Mileage Reimbursement available, some restrictions apply
- Full-time placement upon graduation
- Answer customer’s questions and make suggestions
- Comply with food and equipment safety guidelines
- Set up displays
- Prepare special orders
- Prepare and bake items according to directions
- Stage and prepare specific ingredients for next shifts for recipes, cakes and icing
- Decorate and package cookies, cakes and pastries
- Rotate and check product dates