Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Customers choose Giant Eagle for their Bakery needs because they know we guarantee freshness in every bite. We provide the exceptional quality and service of a gourmet bakery, combined with the ultimate in shopping convenience and value. Our Bakery Team Members understand how important it is for our customers to get the items they need, right when they want them. We are experts at offering a diverse selection of breads and desserts for special occasions and everyday meals.
Click for available Bakery positions:
- Apprentice Programs – Baker & Cake Decorator (details below)
- Bakery Clerk & Bakery Sales Clerk
- Bakery Team Leader
- Cake Decorator
- ALL Bakery positions
Experienced Bakers and Decorators are always in demand to join our team. That’s why we’ve recently launched our exciting NEW Baker & Cake Decorator Apprentice Programs to train Team Members and interested candidates.
After completing your Apprentice Program you’ll be placed in one of our stores as a full-time Baker or Cake Decorator.
Baker And Cake Decorator Apprentice Programs
Become a Baker or Cake Decorator in just weeks!
In many of our stores, the Bakery is the first department to greet our guests as they enter the store, and represents our commitment to quality, nutrition, and mouth-watering freshness. After completing our Apprentice Training Programs, our certified professionals deliver on that promise. As a Trainee, you’ll learn all about how to bake and decorate our fresh-from-the-oven breads, pastries, cookies, cakes and pies. You’ll be trained and certified by a Giant Eagle Certified Master Trainer and Bakery Team Leader. And, in less than a year you’ll be on track to a full-time job!
- Full-time position during Program
- Potential for pay increases upon successful progression through the Program
- Mileage Reimbursement available, some restrictions apply
- Full-time placement upon graduation
- Answer customer’s questions and make suggestions
- Comply with food and equipment safety guidelines
- Set up displays
- Prepare special orders
- Prepare and bake items according to directions
- Stage and prepare specific ingredients for next shifts for recipes, cakes and icing
- Decorate and package cookies, cakes and pastries
- Rotate and check product dates
Act Now!New Baker and Cake Decorator Apprentice Programs are STARTING SOON in our Ohio and Pennsylvania stores! Contact your local Giant Eagle or Market District Bakery Team Leader for information. Click your city below to apply.
- Akron/Canton – Baker & Decorator Apprentice Programs
- Cleveland – Baker & Decorator Apprentice Programs
- Columbus – Baker & Decorator Apprentice Programs
- Youngstown/Warren – Baker & Decorator Apprentice Programs
- Pittsburgh (1776 Stores) – Baker & Decorator Apprentice Programs: Team Members should visit their MyHRConnection home page and view the Local 1776 Bid Postings box on the right hand side of the page. No external programs at this time.
Need more information about our Baker or Cake Decorator Apprentice Program(s)? Email our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Disclaimer: Program schedules and certifications may vary based on location and needs.
Cake Decorator Programs (11 or 18 weeks)
- Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Canton – Cake Decorator Program lasts approximately 11 weeks.
- Pittsburgh (1776 Stores) – Cake Decorator Program lasts approximately 18 weeks. This includes 11 weeks of Cake Decorator certifications and 7 weeks of Baker skills certifications.
- Bronze Certification – Cupcakes, Cake for Two, Single Layer Cakes, Gobs, Parfaits, Cheesecake Slices, and more!
- Silver Certification – Layer Cakes, Decorated Cakes, Brownies, Message Cookies, and more!
- Gold Certification – Tortes, Decorated Cookies, Decorated Sheet Cakes, Decorated Layer Cakes, Petite Cakes, and more!
Baker Programs (12 or 23 weeks)
- Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Canton – Baker Program lasts approximately 12 weeks.
- Pittsburgh (1776 Stores) – Baker Program lasts approximately 23 weeks. This includes 16 weeks of Baker certifications and 7 weeks of Cake Decorator skills certifications.
- Bronze Certification – Product Setup, Croissants, Muffins, Pies, Donut Finishing, and more!
- Silver Certification – Cinnamon Rolls, Bagels, Italian Bread, and more!
- Gold Certification – Pudding Cakes, Angel Food Cake, Cookies, and more!
- Market District Certification (Pittsburgh Only) – MD Breads and Cookies, MD Signature Products, and more!
As a family-owned company with strong values we care deeply about the people who work here. We want you to see Giant Eagle as a place where you can thrive and build a career for years to come. So we always look for ways to engage, support and develop one another. Through this program you have the opportunity to learn valuable skills that can put you on the path to leadership opportunities.
After completing the Program(s) and passing certification, our bakers and cake decorators are the professionals who deliver on that promise every day.