Experienced Cake Decorator + $1000 New Hire BonusReq # 246290 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 4078 - Austintown - SupermarketAddress 5220 Mahoning Avenue Youngstown, OH 44515 Date posted 07/06/2021
Our Cake Decorator is a key player in making sure our pastries look and taste amazing. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service, you'll create beautiful and delicious art for our guests and provide the sweets that will be the hit of their parties. As a Team Member, you'll be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Bakery team, your primary responsibility will be preparing and decorating the products and cakes in the department to ensure only the freshest are available. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you — you're passionate about the business, the trends and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple "what's for dinner?" and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our Cake Decorators are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.
- Experience Required: Satisfactory completion of job specific skills assessment; 6 to 12 months experience or successful completion of the Giant Eagle Apprenticeship program
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Fill tables and cases with cakes by taking product from prep area to sales area.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Apply merchandising principles that will help to generate sales as well as WOW the guest.
- Take special orders from guests over the telephone and in person.
- Maintain quality of product for sale by checking sales area for dates and condition of product.
- Document and/or record daily known loss.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best product.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor, etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Prepare and decorate product for the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency procedures, cleanups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to ensure department standards are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain department procedures, daily setups, order taking, understanding copyright policies and proper product rotation.
- Constantly stay on top of new product knowledge and procedures, such as product information by category, special orders, cake program, portion control, seasonal items and mixing colors.
- Ice and decorate cakes by taking prepared icing and applying to cake using spatulas and icing bags.
- Prepare icing and products for all cakes and other decorated items by reading recipes, measuring ingredients, and mixing product.
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Operate department equipment, including mixers, scales, airbrush gun, knives, cut gloves and personal protective equipment (anti-slip shoes).
- Assist in other areas as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.