Assistant Team Leader GroceryReq # 263339 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0216 - Willowick - SupermarketAddress 30320 Lakeshore Boulevard Willowick, OH 44095 Date posted 10/05/2021
Provide leadership in the Grocery Department by directing and managing employees, ordering perishable and non perishable products and supplies. An Assistant Grocery Team Leader will also assist in implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while creating and sustaining an exemplary customer service atmosphere to build a lifelong relationship by focusing on understanding and exceeding customer needs.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering products and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Schedule team members and delegate work assignments in accordance with collective bargaining agreement when applicable, as well as work standards.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions to meet the financial objectives of the department. Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profits according to Company policy.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department team members in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency, and control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication process with other departments in order to develop marketing plans which help to meet the financial objectives of the store.
- Promote continuous development of Team Members and identify candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.