Full Time Deli Team Member + $500 New Hire BonusReq # 251547 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 1216 - Westlake - SupermarketAddress 30275 Detroit Road Westlake, OH 44145 Date posted 07/06/2021
As a member of the Deli team, your primary responsibility will be servicing the customers by filling their orders and ensuring they have the freshest products available. After being fully you trained, you will help other Team Members around the store specifically in, Prepared Foods and Meat Departments. You will also maintain display cases to ensure customer needs are met and build customer loyalty by providing unparalleled customer service. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Food Safety experience
- Education Required:No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of deli special orders to ensure guests are delighted with the finished products.
- Weigh and label products for guests.
- Set up the deli case according to company standards.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guests' safety.
- Maintain product level in sales cases.
- Utilize appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Check in deliveries and compare invoice to merchandise.
- Assist in maintaining deli cooler efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Cross train in Meat, Prepared Foods and Seafood.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Provide exemplary customer service and greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Fill orders.
- Maintain safety as the top priority.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Deli /Prepared Foods Team Leader McKeesport, Pennsylvania 07/24/2021
- Team Supervisor Hermitage, Pennsylvania 07/24/2021
- Apprentice Meat Cutter + $500 New Hire Bonus Erie, Pennsylvania 07/24/2021
- Pharmacy Warehouse Selector Full Time $1,000 New Hire Bonus Freedom, Pennsylvania 07/06/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.