Deli Assistant Team LeaderReq # 220956 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 6507 - Westerville - SupermarketAddress 650 North State Street Westerville, OH 43082 Date posted 07/31/2020
An Assistant Deli Team Leader first responsibility is to assist the Deli Team Leader in providing leadership to the Deli Department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering raw materials and supplies, and implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Prior management experience in the Deli department or related field.
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Completion of the Team Leader Development Program
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Provide leadership that promotes the Company's Guiding Principles, Common Purpose and Service Credos.
- Maintain a safe & clean environment to ensure health & OSHA requirements are met.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability by utilizing the work methods put in place.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions to meet the financial objectives of the department. Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profits according to the Company policy.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering products and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Schedule employees and delegate work assignments effectively utilizing team members and supplies to maximize the store's profits.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.