Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
CashierReq # 200571 Employment Status Part time Department Retail Location 0039 - Washington - Supermarket Address 331 Washington Road Washington, PA 15301 Date posted 01/14/2020
Job SummaryOur Cashiers are key players in making sure each guest leaves our store with a smile and a memory of unparalleled service. You'll be part of an amazing team who will make sure our we are building customer loyalty.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success, and you are eager to support an amazing team.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Grocery or related industry
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 16 years of age
- Finalize sale and collect payment by totaling order, deducting for coupons, and accepting tender from guest.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Provide exemplary customer service by ensuring customers' orders are processed.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to all Company policies and procedures including the Point of Sale Policies.
- Actively demonstrate selling techniques.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Maintain sanitation regulations are met.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.