Store Leader - Youngstown AreaReq # 259623Department RetailLocation 4051 - Howland - SupermarketAddress 8202 East Market Street Warren, OH 44484 Date posted 08/30/2021
The Store Leader's first responsibility is to oversee, maintain and evaluate all aspects of the store's operations in order to create a positive atmosphere, and achieve the profitability associated with our Company. A Store Leader is held accountable for all departments and customer experiences, and must adhere to the Company's Statement of Values, Quality Policy, and Philosophy on the Treatment of Team Members and all Company policies and procedures. Store Leaders are honest, engaging, respectful and authentic and displays a curiosity about food. Store Leaders have a proven record of leadership and are willing and able to follow the competency model of climbing the hill, seeing the hill and leading others up the hill.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years with a Minimum 3 years Retail leadership experience
- Experience Desired: Successful performance as a Peer Trainer, Master Trainer or other similar role, 5 years experience as a Store Leader or Sr. Store Leader; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Know, understand and model safe work practices and food safety at all times by promoting a zero defects incident attitude, proper training, coaching and recognition of Team Leaders and Team Members to ensure all equipment is properly maintained, cleanliness expectations and sanitation requirements are met.
- Promote inclusion, diversity, mutual respect and dignity among Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Make the store a great place to work creatively through events, fun exercises or any other avenue to build team morale.
- Reward and recognize Team Leaders and Team Members for outstanding performance, as well as addressing under performance by analyzing all service metrics.
- Complete final interviews and make all hiring decisions for areas of responsibility in conjunction with the Team Leaders.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Promote the continuous development of diverse talent of Team Members and identify candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
- Conduct regular team meetings to keep Team Leaders informed of current events and to gain feedback.
- Interact daily with customers, identify trends, set goals and create and implement action plans.
- Communicate the company's strategic plan as well as the store's specific plan to the Team Leaders and ensure they are supporting these plans in their daily operations.
- Ensure departmental financial information is accurate, sales are correctly stated, purchases are recorded correctly and inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensure Team Leaders are scheduling Team Members through SMART Track and delegating work assignments to the needs of the business and in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement (where applicable).
- Execute all business initiatives, 6S, GEBS/ROCI, etc. and monitor adherence to these programs and initiatives.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
- Maintain legal compliance in all areas.
- Understand and manage all Key Performance Indicators to ensure proper operation of the store.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.