Liquor Team LeaderReq # 260831 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 4056 - Jamestown - SupermarketAddress 2700 Mahoning Avenue N.W. Warren, OH 44483 Date posted 09/14/2021
Our Liquor Team Leader manages the entire Liquor department and keeps it running like a well-oiled machine. Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the department at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback — identify opportunities for development and coach for success.
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer, in-store champion, or other similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Build displays by taking merchandise by flats from backroom to sales floor and lifting products from flats to displays. Prepare with store manager/director seasonal and major promotional operations; keep records of results.
- Take an active role in building the store's Liquor assortment, throughout the year and at resets; by regularly communicating with distributors and LOB office staff. Monitor ordering, receiving and stocking of Liquor products, stock shelves from backroom, opening boxes and stocking product in proper location on shelf by code-dating.
- Uncover any potential under-age or intoxicated individual and deny the sale of alcohol to that person; ensure all staff within Liquor Agency is trained with Pathways.
- Report daily liquor sales to DOLC. Update and maintain daily record-keeping and identification of files according to Liquor Agency operations and file management requirements. Monitor and ensure store compliance with company and Ohio state laws, policies and procedures.
- P&L accountability; and follow acceptable procedures to ensure the Liquor Department meets out-of-stock percentage goals, as well as shrink and inventory level goals. Analyze item movement and plan displays accordingly to maximize total business.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.