Health, Beauty and Wellness Team Leader - WadsworthReq # 213877Department RetailLocation 4601 - Wadsworth - SupermarketAddress 825 Ambassador Drive Wadsworth, OH 44281 Date posted 05/08/2020
A Health, Beauty and Wellness Team Leader will help us continue to reinvent, evolve and execute our selling strategy. You’ll work to create shopping experiences that help our product and services stand out from specialty, mass or traditional retailers. And provide leadership, motivation and direction to Team Members in the Health, Beauty, Wellness and Baby departments.Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the assigned department(s) at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback — identify opportunities for development and coach for success.
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer, in-store champion, or other similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Communicate with the merchandising team to ensure that promotions are properly communicated to Team Members and guests.
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business.
- Review and analyze financial, LOB reports, and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls, and reduction. Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
- Work directly with HBW Program Manager and Event Planner to create locally inspired plans, events and displays.
- Communicate top sellers, inventory levels and inventory issues, product knowledge and concerns to the Store Leader and corporate HBW staff.
- Work and partner with vendors to create best-in-class displays, demos and other initiatives.
- Oversee ordering, receiving and stocking of HBC (specific locations, including specialty baby) products to ensure product is in stock and shelves are maintained to customer satisfaction.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.