Floral Team Leader DualReq # 260859 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0440 - South Euclid - SupermarketAddress 4401 Mayfield Road South Euclid, OH 44121 Date posted 09/14/2021
Provide leadership in the Floral Department in multiple store locations by directing and developing Team Members, ordering perishable products and supplies, and implementing merchandising initiatives, to stimulate the growth of the business while creating and sustaining and exemplary customer service atmosphere to build life long relationships by focusing on understanding and exceeding customer needs.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years; Retail Work Experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily,10 - 25%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure the safety of Customers and Team Members while exceeding health and OSHA requirements.
- Lead Floral Department teams at multiple retail locations, traveling and working between each location as necessary.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering fresh flowers, plants, products and supplies in order to meet the customer requirements.
- Adhere to action plans provided by the company and utilize creative merchandising to maximize sales.
- Delegate work assignments, plan and schedule team members effectively to the needs of the business.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate monthly gross profits according to the company's policies.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Promote continuous development of Team Members and identify candidates for Team Leader Development Program.
- Provide leadership that exemplifies a Passion for Food.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Federal and State Guidelines and Regulations as well as Company Policy.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.