Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
HBW Clerk (Part-Time) Solon Market DistrictReq # 118854BR Employment Status Part-Time Location (department) Store #0228 - Solon MD Address 34310 Aurora Rd, Solon, OH 44139 Date posted 11/08/2019
Position SummaryResponsible for providing exemplary customer service while maintaining the Safety of Customers and Team Members.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers on the front end, ensuring customer's order is bagged appropriately and safely.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Assisting customers in the lot with groceries/carts.
- Keep the parking lot free of carts and any debris, including sweeping sidewalks/shoveling/salting when necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Maintaining cleanliness of Customer Restrooms.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
Reports To: Team Leader, HBW>5/12/06
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 6 months
- High School Diploma
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Safety Cutter
About UsWho We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.