Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Cashier (Part time) Rootstown Giant EagleReq # 115318BR Employment Status Part-Time Location (department) Store #4095 - Rootstown Address 4260 State Route 44, Rootstown, OH 44272 Date posted 09/11/2019
Position SummaryResponsible for providing exemplary customer service while maintaining the Safety of Customers and Team Members.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers on the front end, ensuring customer's order is bagged appropriately and safely.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Assisting customers in the lot with groceries/carts.
- Keep the parking lot free of carts and any debris, including sweeping sidewalks/shoveling/salting when necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Maintaining cleanliness of Customer Restrooms.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- Ringing up customer's orders by scanning product or punching price into register.
- Finalize sale and collect payment by totaling order, deducting for coupons, and accepting tender from customer
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Bagging orders by putting grocery orders into the appropriate bags and then into customers carts.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
Reports To: Team Leader, Office - H
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 6 months
- High School Diploma
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Safety Cutter
About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.