Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or email@example.com. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Now Hiring Team LeadersReq # 212060 Department RetailLocation 0047 - Robinson (Settlers Ridge) - Market District Address 100 Settlers Ridge Center Drive Robinson Twp, PA 15205 Date posted 04/23/2020
Job SummaryA "now hiring application" is for a variety of Team Leader positions that our Company frequently hires. By submitting this application, you are expressing interest for locations with the Pittsburgh operating market. Team Leaders work with enthusiasm and pride. We have fun and constantly inspire each other to go the extra mile. We are hiring Team Leaders for a variety of departments, including: Overnight Grocery, Grocery, Produce, Meat, Deli, Prepared Foods and Bakery
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer, in-store champion, or other similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Communicate with the merchandising team to ensure that promotions are properly communicated to Team Members and guests.
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business.
- Review and analyze financial, LOB reports, and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls, and reduction. Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.