Maintenance Team MemberReq # 263401 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0047 - Robinson (Settlers Ridge) - Market DistrictAddress 100 Settlers Ridge Center Drive Robinson Twp, PA 15205 Date posted 10/06/2021
Our Stock Clerks have the opportunity to work in several departments across the store. From produce to dairy to floral, you will be ensuring that our guests have everything they need at hand, and that our selections are stocked and ready to impress. They make sure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months; sales training or related experience
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in retail or related field
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Straighten and prepare products for display by following proper procedures.
- Ensure proper ordering, receiving and stocking of products.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guest safety.
- Add new items to shelves by moving existing items and displaying products appropriately and in adherence to safety standards.
- Build displays by taking merchandise by flats from back room to sales area and lifting product from flats to displays.
- Make cardboard bales by placing cardboard in bailer and using paper crusher to make bales.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- In the produce department: Unload produce items from truck and break down pallets; load flats with proper produce items to be taken to the produce floor and hand stacked; check produce on display for quality by visually inspecting and removing unsellable merchandise from rack; have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- In the health, beauty and wellness department: Educate, demonstrate and advise guests on the ingredients and qualities of products across a range of beauty lines; provide information and advice on the best beauty and related products to suit the guest's individual needs and preferences.
- In the dairy department, maintain stock level by taking products from cooler to sales floor, opening cases and stocking on shelves in the appropriate location.
- In the beer, liquor and wine departments, uncover any potential underage or intoxicated individual and deny the sale of alcohol to that person.
- In the wine and beer sections: Prepare products for display; assist customers with purchases by providing knowledgeable recommendations and suggestions; educate customers on consumption and food pairing; take an active role in building the store's wine or beer assortment throughout the year and at resets.
- Meet and exceed weekly sales goals and track sales daily to ensure goals are being met through continuous selling efforts to guests.
- Maintain audit lists, inventory reduction plans and retail strategies to ensure the most efficient operation of the department.
- Have awareness of shrink - what causes it and how to prevent it.
- Have knowledge of code dating.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
- Actively support a culture of safety that includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors and stakeholders.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Experienced Baker + 1,000 New Hire Bonus Mentor, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Floater Pharmacist - Pittsburgh North / West Region Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 10/18/2021
- Floral Lead Columbus, Ohio 10/18/2021
- Fuel Station Clerk Westerville, Ohio 10/18/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.