Assistant Store Leader - Pittsburgh North RegionReq # 227997 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0047 - Robinson (Settlers Ridge) - Market DistrictAddress 100 Settlers Ridge Center Drive Robinson Twp, PA 15205 Date posted 10/08/2020
The position of Assistant Store Leader is intended as a developmental role for the Store Leader position. It is essential to lead and model, understand, enforce and promote safety processes and requirements. Lead by representing the organization in a professional manner through appearance, language and behavior. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years; 3+ years Leadership experience within multiple lines of business
- Experience Desired: Retail Leadership experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Know, understand and model safe work practices and food safety at all times by promoting a zero defects incident attitude, proper training, coaching and recognition of Team Leaders and Team Members to ensure all equipment is properly maintained, cleanliness expectations and sanitation requirements are met.
- Promote inclusion, diversity, mutual respect and dignity among Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Follow and improve the Assistant Store Leader Work Design.
- Make the store a great place to work creatively through events, fun exercises or any other avenue to build team morale
- Reward and recognize Team Leaders and Team Members for outstanding performance, as well as addressing under performance by analyzing all service metrics
- Complete final interviews and make all hiring decisions for areas of responsibility in conjunction with the Team Leaders.
- Ensure all Team Members receive an enriching on-boarding process and comprehensive training.
- Oversee and evaluate training provided to Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs
- Promote the continuous development of diverse talent of Team Members and identify candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
- Conduct regular team meetings to keep Team Leaders informed of current events and to gain feedback.
- Interact daily with customers, identify trends, set goals and create and implement action plans.
- Communicate the company's strategic plan as well as the store's specific plan to the Team Leaders and ensure they are supporting these plans in their daily operations.
- Ensure departmental financial information is accurate, sales are correctly stated, purchases are recorded correctly and inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensure Team Leaders are scheduling Team Members through SMART Track and delegating work assignments to the needs of the business and in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement (where applicable).
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.