Staff Accountant IReq # 266188 Employment Status Full time Department Accounting & FinanceLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 10/26/2021
As a Staff Accountant I, you will be responsible for reviewing and preparing accurate financial information, including account reconciliations and budgeting for your assigned business area or set of business areas.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year. Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel.
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree: Accounting or related field
- Prepare, review, interpret and analyze financial information on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure accurate and timely reporting of GetGo financial statements for gross margin, income and expenses.
- Utilize financial software systems to research and post entries to the general ledger on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Research monthly P&L income and expense variances against budget and prior year results.
- Actively evaluate assigned responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective procedures are utilized.
- Assist other Team Members in the department, as needed, to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Prepare, analyze, and review asset and liability accounts to ensure financial requirements are met within Blackline software
- Prepare and distribute supplemental reporting to the financial statements both weekly and monthly for management.
- Provide accounting support to GetGo Operations, Management, and Merchandising teams. Serve as an accounting resource for projects, issues, and questions of departments for both inside and outside of Finance/Accounting.
- Assist with special projects and reports as directed by the immediate supervisor to meet requirements.
- Assist internal and external auditors in the quarterly and annual audit process by preparing schedules and interpreting financial information.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.