Sous ChefReq # 250577 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0040 - Shadyside - Market DistrictAddress 5550 Centre Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15232 Date posted 06/11/2021
The Sous Chef will assist with the ordering of materials and supplies, menu planning, inventory, implementing all sanitation, cost and quality control programs and directing and coordinating the work of others. A Sous Chef is expected to help provide innovative ideas to stimulate the growth of the business, while meeting or exceeding customer requirements and maximizing company profits. They will also lead the kitchen in lieu of the Executive Chef, Kitchen Manager or the Prepared Foods Team Leader (depending on the location) and temporarily be responsible for the kitchen. The Sous Chef will also assist in providing leadership in the kitchen by training, directing and managing kitchen Team Members.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Food Safety Awareness; Prior management experience in the Culinary field; Extensive prior prep cook experience. Must have excellent food prep skills and food product knowledge.; Customer Service Experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Serv- safe certification a plus
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Inspect food and food preparation by both physical and visual inspection to maintain quality and sanitation regulations.
- Assign, coordinate and evaluate work of kitchen Team Members by writing schedules, preparation list, listing cooking times as well as Team Member feedback evaluations so the product can meet or exceed the customer's requirements and promote efficiency of operations and maximize company profits.
- Maintain accurate department records by using HACCP charts, cooling charts, cooking temperature sheets, holding temperatures sheets, refrigeration temperatures charts and thermometer calibration charts.
- To ensure the documentation of activities are available to ensure all federal, state and county as well as company requirements are being met.
- Control departmental costs by monitoring waste and keeping completed waste logs to increase company profitability and adhere to departmental budget.
- Manage food and controllable inventories by taking actual weekly and monthly inventories and tracking inventory reports.
- Review financial transactions and monitors departmental budgets by keeping up to date purchase logs and labor estimates as well as reviewing projections and profit and loss statements with the Kitchen Manager.
- Inspect equipment requirements to ensure the company has the needed equipment to ensure the presentation, transportation and safe handling of all food production.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Overnight Fuel Station Team Member + $500 Sign On Bonus Painesville, Ohio 06/24/2021
- Curbside Express Lead Westlake, Ohio 03/18/2021
- Night Stock Team Member Morgantown, West Virginia 06/24/2021
- Front End Team Leader - Akron/Canton regions Stow, Ohio 06/24/2021
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.