Senior Support Representative SpecialistReq # 217811 Employment Status Full time Department Administrative SupportLocation OK Grocery Administration - Corporate OfficeAddress 755 Beechnut Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15205 Date posted 07/03/2020
As a Senior Support Representative Specialist, you will provide customer assistance for outbound deliveries from retail support centers to retail store locations. You will also be responsible for scheduling inbound freight from vendors to our retail support centers and for resolving any issues with both outbound and inbound deliveries. In some locations, you will be responsible for labor relations.
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Ability to work in a team environment, Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Experience in bad check and/or bad debt collection is desired, Very organized and detail oriented
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Preferred: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirements: Up to 50 pounds
- Open exchange of information with distribution, transportation, retail and corporate entities to encourage cooperation and support excellence in customer service.
- Respond to inquiries and requests, investigate problems, coordinate resolutions and provide follow-up to ensure customer and retail support center requirements are met.
- Coordinate adjustments to delivery schedules to ensure special arrangements are confirmed and changes are communicated to the appropriate personnel.
- Approve proposed store returns, generate paperwork for drivers to verify that correct times and quantities are shipped to the retail support centers and ensure customer accounts are issued accurate credit.
- Audit store credit requests and generate credits and charges to ensure customers are billed accurately.
- Maintain reporting and filing systems consistent with managerial/departmental requirements to ensure readily accessible information.
- Schedule delivery appointments with trucking companies, vendors and brokers for inbound freight.
- Coordinate over-bookings with warehouse receiving office.
- Communicate and gain approval from buyers on perishable purchase orders for carriers wanting to deliver other than on the buyer's original date.
- Schedule appointments using scheduling software, including assigning the time and the carrier, and secure the load.
- Assist with special projects as required, ensuring the department operates efficiently.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.