Senior Software EngineerReq # 225819 Employment Status Full time Department Information TechnologyLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 09/16/2020
This position is based at Giant Eagle’s corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA. The Senior Software Engineer is tasked to determine programming requirements for systems. In addition, they analyze and improve performance of software programs and analyze requirements for data exchange between application software and other systems.
• Analyze and improve performance of software programs and analyze requirements for data exchange between application software and other systems; determine viable alternatives; make recommendations; and design, specify, obtain consensus on, and implement solutions. (e.g., solutions usually require writing programs in various computer languages.)
• Mentor team members performing software development activities, provide technical leadership and development opportunities
• Lead in developing and implementing technical standards
• Maintain close liaison with data providers and recipients, other team members, and other members of the department.
• Analyze requirements for, specify and develop bridges and feeds.
• Act as technical lead for projects
• Interact with consultants to achieve project goals
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and 5 years relevant work experience with C# .NET, and BizTalk plus knowledge of business procedures and their interrelationships as well as an overall knowledge of technical disciplines. Advanced knowledge of security requirements, web services, service-oriented architecture, design patterns, multithreaded systems, and automated unit testing. C#, .NET 4.5/4.0, MVC, LINQ, WCF, Web API etc. Responsive. Resumes to: Danielle Johnson, at email@example.com
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.