Seafood LeadReq # 248263 Employment Status Full time Department RetailLocation 0072 - Waterworks - Market DistrictAddress 910 Freeport Road Waterworks Shopping Center Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 07/06/2021
Seafood Leads are key players in providing leadership, motivation and enthusiasm in the Seafood Department. They direct and manage Team Members and order all fresh and frozen products — helping to develop the department as a store of choice for seafood.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine and love to help others foster their own creativity.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Prior Experience in the seafood field; Culinary Experience; Customer Service Experience; Knowledge of Market District operational procedures; Ability to read and interpret Profit and Loss statement; Culinary degree helpful
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Order seafood products and supplies to meet guest requirements.
- Answer questions and make suggestions to guests regarding various seafood items and cooking methods.
- Conduct in-store sampling and instructional cooking events to teach guests how to prepare fresh seafood.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting guests in the department or elsewhere in the store.
- Maintain product mix, case merchandising, signage and convenience items.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments.
- Prepare, maintain and track records of inventories and work processes
- Control department costs by monitoring/improving work processes.
- Direct, recruit, interview and train department Team Members.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members and guests.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, guests, vendors and the community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.