Refrigeration Technician - Pittsburgh ($1500 bonus)Req # 250550 Department Warehouse & Distribution Location Pittsburgh Corporate Office Address 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 06/10/2021
In this fast-paced, energetic environment, our warehouse Team Members are always working behind the scenes to keep our shelves full of the great products our customers want and expect. We’re looking for Team Members who understand the importance of safety and working together as a team.
Giant Eagle’s Transportation & Warehouse Department consists of five perishable and non-perishable distribution centers in Cleveland, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA — American Seaway Foods, Butler Refrigerated Meats, Fresh Foods Manufacturing, HBC Service Co., and OK Grocery Co. — all of which help us serve more than 5 million customers annually at over 400 retail locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
What makes a successful Warehouse Team Member?
- Team player
May be eligible for Medical benefits based on hours worked and location.
May be eligible for Dental benefits based on hours worked and location.
Health and Wellness Programs
Life Resources and online Wellness Programs for Team Members and their families.
Must be at least 21 years of age to participate.
Paid Time Off
May be eligible for Paid Time Off based on hours worked and location.
Team Member Incentive
Incentives based on attendance and performance. May be eligible based on position and location.
10% off own brand products.
Rate of pay varies based on position and location.
Warehouse Selector & U.S. Navy Veteran
Giant Eagle has supported me financially. I was able to buy my own house, instead of renting and that feels wonderful!
Provide maintenance services, such as refrigeration, cooking equipment repair, and general repair to reduce cost to the stores and decrease downtime of the equipment in the stores. Utilize skills to eliminate unnecessary repairs and extend life of equipment.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent plus 18 months to 3 years of additional training
- Certification or Licensing Required: Refrigeration certification
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily,10 - 25%
- Diagnose refrigeration problems and make repairs as needed.
- Diagnose issues with cooking equipment and make repairs as needed.
- Travel safely from store to store to service store equipment.
- Perform generated PMs on all equipment.
- Maintain adequate inventory on company vehicle to eliminate unnecessary travel
- Prepare and complete work orders for all services provided.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wire schematics and technical manuals
- Maintain detailed summary sheets of tasks performed with regard to preventative maintenance, diagnoses of problems and repairs performed on equipment.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as needed and assigned.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Warehouse, Transportation & Manufacturing Opportunities
Our Warehouse, Transportation and Manufacturing Team Members serve more than 5 million customers every year, working to keep our supermarkets, GetGo’s, and pharmacies stocked with the great products our guests expect. From our Warehouse Selectors to our CDL Drivers, and our Mechanics to our Distribution Supervisors, no matter your role, you will be surrounded by a dedicated team and supported by a company that helps turn jobs into careers.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.