Real Estate Manager - SupermarketReq # 255837 Employment Status Full time Department Real Estate & ConstructionLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 08/07/2021
As a Real Estate Manager, you will coordinate and manage real estate activities and strategies for Giant Eagle and Market District formats, including meeting corporate objectives for new store development, relocations, lease negotiation, and acquisitions. You will oversee internal and external consultants involved in the acquisition of real estate sites while expediting numerous projects simultaneously through the approval and development stages.
- Experience Required: 5 to 10 years
- Experience Desired: Transactional real estate site selection experience with the ability to read/understand surveys, traffic and geotechnical reports
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: State Issued Driver's License
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, 25 - 50%; Regional - Overnight, 25 - 50%
- Execute on short-term and long-term real estate plans for Giant Eagle and Market District based on corporate goals, including new store development, relocations, expansions, remodels and lease renewals.
- Strategically identify, track and analyze real estate and acquisition opportunities on a market by market basis.
- Lead and participate in the strategic development of the site selection criteria and market research for Giant Eagle and Market District.
- Identify, evaluate, present, and arrange sites tours for Real Estate Team Leadership and format Leadership.
- Present multimillion-dollar investment opportunities to the Executive Real Estate Committee for approval.
- Oversee and coordinate a multidisciplinary team of internal and external resources responsible for project specific action plans on new site development, including but not limited to, due diligence, planning, zoning, entitlements, and full right to build permitting processes.
- Direct new site acquisition due diligence processes and establish initial project timing and conversion scope of works, as well as provide estimates of expected project costs based on preliminary due diligence for proforma development and analysis.
- Solve highly complex problems that have high financial stakes through careful consideration of multidimensional problems requiring cross-functional input, collaboration and teamwork.
- Ensure project requirements are satisfied and timing/budgets are maintained for capital projects.
- Identify potential project impediments and provide direction on appropriate course of action.
- Champion and proactively communicate all salient deal points to internal stakeholders of the process.
- Manage and coordinate with ECHO Realty and other external brokers to handle site identification for a variety of markets for Giant Eagle and Market District.
- Meet with local and state agency staff and elected officials, as necessary to discuss project specific issues requiring resolution for entitlement approvals.
- Provide direction on course of action to address project specific issues to ensure successful project entitlement and permitting.
- Attend and provide presentations at public hearings and municipal meetings as owner's representative throughout development entitlement and permitting approval process.
- Negotiate and establish site specific construction related to lease provisions, exhibits, development agreements, and easement agreements to provide consistency and in accordance with Giant Eagle/Market District standards and requirements.
- Work with developers and landlords through construction issue related lease negotiations, due diligence, site design, project entitlement, construction and final project completion.
- Enforce compliance with specific building pad acceptance criteria with real estate developers.
- Review and accept pad delivery based on the developer's compliance with site design criteria and project specific requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate, and finalize letters of intent for execution by Vice President of Real Estate Leasing and Development.
- Manage and assist both internal Legal department and external legal consultants to complete required legal documents to secure property for new store development continuously weighing risk/reward factors.
- Continually update and forecast milestone dates for entitlements and pad delivery and construction project start while assuming full responsibility for the outcome of real estate projects.
- Negotiate disposition of corporate excess property.
- Manage a network of external brokers and their marketing to reduce excess property liability and maximize return.
- Implement other strategic and tactical initiatives related to real estate functions within the company.
- Build and manage a pipeline of potential sites in markets identified for expansion and reporting on pipeline progress.
- Work closely with the financial team to build proformas for executive leadership evaluation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.