Quality Assurance SpecialistReq # 260489 Employment Status Full time Department Safety & Risk ManagementLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 09/13/2021
As a Quality Assurance Specialist, you’ll be a key part of the collaborative team at Giant Eagle. You’ll bring your skills and expertise to ensuring that our branded products and ingredients are labeled and marketed according to applicable federal regulations. You’ll manage production, and make sure goods are produced at facilities that meet all Giant Eagle and federal regulatory requirements. In addition, you’ll establish that Giant Eagle branded products meet or exceed the private label specifications for applicable product attributes.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Experience Required: 1-3 years; registered dietitian, nutrition, food science
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Verify regulatory compliance for all private label items and materials, including product labels, marketing materials, signage and specifications.
- Evaluate new suppliers through our Supplier Approval Program.
- Manage all product-related quality activities for assigned categories, including specification approvals, labels reviews and approvals, product monitoring and brand standard compliance verification.
- Coordinate sensory testing to validate new products against brand standards and specification.
- Evaluate existing suppliers through the Supplier approval program in order to determine compliance and performance.
- Coordinate routine product monitoring of existing products in order to validate products against brand standards.
- Route documentation to applicable business units for proper review and signatures.
- Provide feedback to customer care team for customer inquiries.
- Store all applicable vendor and product documentation in vendor documentation systems.
- Attend Category and Own Brand product meetings.
- Investigate assigned customer complaints and claims, coordinating as needed with the supplier.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.