Procurement & Space Planning ManagerReq # 264916 Employment Status Full time Department MerchandisingLocation Pittsburgh Corporate OfficeAddress 101 Kappa Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15238 Date posted 10/20/2021
Lead Center Store Procurement Strategy and and execution of Demand Planning, forecasting, Turn Replenishment for procurement buyers. Responsible for the overall turns, service level, inventory levels and wholesale shrink. Responsible for $100 million in average weekly inventory resulting in $2 billion dollars in wholesale sales annually. Directly collabrates with Merchandising, Supply Chain, RSC/Logistics and Retail to identify opportunities to drive improved service level and in stock conditions while taking costs out of the system. Leads a team of buyers and assistant buyers. Provide functional thought leadership, process development, and enhancements to the forecasting and SP&OE processes across the enterprise utilizing advanced demand planning tools. .
- Experience Required: Over 10 years
- Experience Desired: Experience in buying, demand planning, managing a team, working cross functionally, purchasing systems. Strong understanding of inventory management practices and levers to control inventory while improving service level. Advanced knowledge of purchasing systems and inventory control, forecasting levers. Previous merchandising experience, logistics retail experience in a fast paced environment.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Education Desired: Master's Degree
- Own the forecasting process and has full responsibility for driving improvements in our forecasts. Successful forecasting is a foundational requirement for many downstream KPIs: In stock rates, inventory turns, delivery times and fulfillment services growth. This role has a huge opportunity to drive results across all of our business lines.
- Lead the Inventory Management Strategy and Tactical execution for Center Store. Includes driving business targets, standards and productivity improvements. Improve and maintain availability of products across the network to achieve sales goals and working capital objectives. Create and lead activities that improve processes, systems, tool, and reporting for outcome.
- Act as a lead in design, testing and implementing of new purchasing system. Act as a change agent for system implementation, design, and training across all businesses. Assists in requirements for related systems including store ordering, and RSC distribution shipments.
- Responsible for the quality of forecasts in terms of accuracy, timeliness, coordination and communication. Influence and hold key partners accountable for consistent forecast inputs to address input gaps. Lead team to systematically identify and work to reconcile discrepancies and close gaps on an ongoing basis through comprehensive forecast reviews. Responsible for creating new inputs and connecting systems to create more accurate forecasts.
- Select and develop a high performing team of procurement buyers and assistant buyers.Provide guidance and coaching to team. Set financial benchmarks buying team, including days of supply, turns, service level, damages and product aging, inventory levels averaging 2000-10000 SKUs per buyer. Including promotional forecasting, managing problems, improvement in process, overall career development.
- Lead initiatives to measure and improve supplier performance, actively communicating to LOB leadership of supplier progress, metrics, project updates and future plans.Create an action plan for vendor improvement. Gains alignment for action with LOB Director.
- Lead demand planning activities for procurement across the supply chain for promotional and seasonal activity that requires alignment with merchandising, retail, distribution to execute inventory plans to meet customer need.
- Optimizes product flow to the distribution center including fixed replenishment, Inbound logistics,to optimize costs/improving turns while delivering need. Including identifying opportunities for different flow, fixed replenishment or new strategies.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
No Recently Viewed Jobs here ...Yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.
Sign up for Giant Eagle Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and be the first to know about our job openings.